Challis, Idaho

Challis, Idaho
I'm not sure if I'm ready for this...

Monday, November 28, 2011

I've Arrived!

I am here in beautiful Challis, Idaho: population 909. 912, now that we are here. :) Sorry it has taken so long to get back on my blog; it took us some time to get internet access. Collecting all the foil, wire hangers and bootlegged baling wire took longer than we thought and rigging it to the roof was a real feat!!  I'm just kidding. There is internet access out here, just not cell service. I'm serious. We had to purchase our own little tower. Crazy huh.
The people here in Challis are really friendly and welcoming. Some of our neighbors are pretty interesting too. We have a constant stream of deer trotting through our front yard stealing apples, mountain sheep who live across the street who butt heads over the girl sheep and stray cattle that leave steaming piles all over our property! We turned this culture shock into an educational experience for our 11 year old son. With all the animals around us we have created a game we call, "NAME THAT POOP." Boys this age are innately into bodily functions so we thought we'd tap into that to help our son learn about the native wild life in the area. I wish I could say our Maltese, Cooper was getting the same education. He seems to think the deer poop is dog food and insists on eating it. Even worse, he finds pleasure in rolling around in cow poop as if its some sort of European mud bath. You notice I use the word poop rather than dung, skat, feces, guano etc. I'm sorry, when your dog rolls in it or eats it and comes waltzing in the house with that smell...

I have spent a lot of time alone since we have moved here. Steve works everyday so I have a lot of  "ME" time. Well, I am not good company, as many of you know. I have only cried a few times. I miss my friends and family dearly. When I had people around me I made jokes and laughed a lot. I don't do that when I'm alone. I am not all that happy with myself I suppose. There is no supposing, its the truth dang it. I hate admitting it. I know as women we are too critical and find fault with ourselves. I am the worst culprit. I need to start looking for the things I like in myself and dwell on those things. Maybe I will assign myself weekly homework. This week I will make a list of things I actually like about myself. If I have a list maybe I will share...I'm terrible! Did you catch that?? I wrote if I have a list. Shame on me. I need to try harder.

I will post some pictures of my "neighbors" we have encountered. I will be on here more regularly now, I promise. It's funny, I write this like anyone is reading this! hehehe

2 comments:

  1. I am reading Jenny! and I love it! keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay there Jenny Don and I are reading and your still making us giggle. we miss you too. cant wait to hear more and see some more pictures

    ReplyDelete